Keesal, Young & Logan respects your privacy.
We want you to know what information we collect about you, the rights you have with respect to that information, and how you can exercise those rights.
What information have we collected about you in the last 12 months, why do we collect, and who have we shared it with?
When you retain us for the purpose of providing you with legal services and advice. We collect information necessary to provide you with the legal services you have requested. This information may include your contact information, work history, financial information, medical records, professional licenses, and a myriad of other information. In addition, when you pay for our services, we collect your bank information to process the payment. We use this information to provide you with the legal services that you have requested and to bill you for our services. We may share your information with our service providers, such as experts, investigators, and litigation support services. Our service providers are obligated to keep your information confidential.
When you visit our offices. When you attend events at our office, we often take your photograph. We use your photograph to provide you and us with a fun memory of the event. We also use security cameras to collect video images of persons in our parking structure and in some building locations. We may share this information with our service providers such as security personnel. We use this information to maintain the safety and security of our premises, property, and people.
When you provide your contact information to us. We collect your name, title, mailing address, email address, telephone number and business affiliations. We use this information to communicate with you and for marketing purposes. We share your contact information with our service providers who manage our website and distribute our publications,cookie alerts and invitations. You may opt out of our mailing list at any time by clicking here.
When you apply for a job with us or become our employee or independent contractor. We provide you with information about the categories of information we collect and what we do with that information in a separate Notice at Collection of Personal Information.
Have we sold your information in the last 12 months?
No. We do not and will not sell your personal information.
Do we collect personal information of minors under the age of 13?
No. We’re lawyers. Our services are not designed for and are not marketed to minors. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors, and we do not knowingly allow minors to use our website. If you are a minor, please do not sign up for our newsletters or alerts, and please do not send us any information about yourself. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor without verified parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from or about a minor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do we sell personal information of minors under the age of 16 without affirmative authorization?
What rights do you have regarding information that we have collected in the last 12 months?
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we inform you of (1) the categories of personal information we have collected about you, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the information, (4) the categories of third persons to whom we sold or disclosed each category of personal information for a business purpose; and (5) the business or commercial purpose for which we sold or disclosed the personal information. You also have the right to request that we inform you of the specific pieces of information we have collected about you. We have the right to deny your request in certain circumstances.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. We have the right to deny your request to delete in certain circumstances.
- Right to Nondiscrimination. You have the right to not be denied goods or services or charged different prices because you have exercised your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
You may submit a request to know or a request to delete by calling (800) 877-4049, or by completing the interactive web form accessible here.
How do we verify your request to know or delete information?
Before we can grant your request to know or delete California Personal Information, we will verify your identity in one or more of the following ways.
- A Keesal, Young & Logan shareholder partner may call you at a telephone number that is known to us, to confirm that you have submitted a request.
- If you submit a request to know categories of information that we have collected about you, we will verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. This means that we will match at least two pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us, which we have determined are reliable for the purpose of verifying your identity. In some instances there is no reasonable method by which we can verify the identity of the consumer to the degree required. This is the case, for example, when you visit our website. In that circumstance, we collect your IP address and other information as described above (“When You Visit Our Website”), but we do not associate this information with any named actual person or account.
- If you submit a request to know specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, we will verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty. This means that we will match at least three pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us, together with a signed declaration under penalty of perjury from you stating that you are the individual whose personal information is the subject of the request.
- If you submit a request to delete information we have collected from you, the manner in which we will verify your identity will depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the risk of harm to the individual by its unauthorized deletion. If the personal information is not sensitive, we will match at least two pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us, which we have determined are reliable. If the personal information is sensitive, we will match at least three pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us, together with a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional information about requests to know and requests to delete:
- We are not obligated to respond to a request to know submitted by or on behalf of the same consumer more than twice in a 12-month period.
- If we cannot verify that the person submitting or authorizing a request to know is the person about whom we have collected personal information, we are not obligated to provide personal information in response to the request to know.
- If we cannot verify that the person submitting or authorizing a request to delete information is the person from whom we have collected information, we will deny the request to delete.
Can your authorized agent submit a request to know or delete on your behalf?
Yes. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete personal information, we will require that you (1) provide your authorized agent with written permission to submit a request to know or delete information on your behalf, and (2) verify your identity with us, using the methods described above. We may deny a request from an agent who fails to submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Can other parties collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website?
No. We do not allow third parties to collect personal information about your activities while you use www.kyl.com.
Does Keesal, Young & Logan respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals?
No. We do not track our visitors over time or across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore we do not respond to DNT signals.
What if you link to another website from www.kyl.com?
How do we protect your personal information?
We have in place technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information we collect about you from unauthorized, improper or unlawful access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Contact for more information.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, you may contact us at email@example.com or \(800) 877-4049
December 27, 2019.