WENDY W. ZHANG
Wendy Zhang is an associate with Keesal, Young & Logan in its Long Beach office. Her practice focuses on a broad range of civil litigation matters in maritime, securities, employment, and mortgage banking industries. She is a member of KYL’s Cybersecurity and Privacy Law practice. Wendy is certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals in United States private sector privacy law (CIPP/US).
Wendy graduated from UCLA School of Law in 2018. While at UCLA, she served as the Chief Articles Editor for the Journal of Environmental Law and Policy. She clerked at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office in its Consumer Protection Division, where she assisted in cases involving unfair business practices and environmental pollution. Wendy also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Ronald S.W. Lew of the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Wendy graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 2015 with a B.A. in political science and a minor in conservation and resource studies. She was named to the Dean’s List and inducted into Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society. While at Berkeley, she served as the Director of the international Chinese Martial Arts Tournament, and competed with the Cal Wushu A Team.
Wendy was admitted to the California Bar in December 2018.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (2018), where she served as the Chief Articles Editor for the Journal of Environmental Law and Policy.
- B.A. (political science, with a minor in conservation and resource studies), University of California, Berkeley (2015).
- CIPP/US (Certified Information Privacy Professional, U.S. – private sector)
- California (2018)
- Privacy Alert: SB 561 Could Turn the CCPA into Consumers’ Ultimate Weapon (linked here) (February 27, 2019)
- SEC: Victims of Cyber Scams May Also Face Enforcement Actions (linked here) (October 30, 2018)
- Securities Alert: Today’s NYDFS Deadline for Vendor Security Assessments (linked here) (March 1, 2019) (client alert, KYL website)