SCOTT T. PRATT
Scott Pratt is currently of counsel with the Keesal, Young & Logan (KYL) in the firm’s Long Beach office. Scott was one of the original seven shareholders of KYL, having been at the firm for over 45 years. In his career as a litigator, Scott has been involved in the trial of some of the largest cases taken to trial at KYL including successfully trying a claim for a major oil company in which the other side was claiming damages in excess of $700 million. In recent years much of his time has been devoted to the representation of businesses involved in the oil industry. Scott has also tried numerous cases involving professional liability claims against attorneys and insurance industry professionals. For years he was the primary defense counsel for the largest errors and omissions carrier involved in insuring insurance brokers and agents in California. He has also been involved in numerous coverage disputes involving the representation of both insurers and insureds, including environmental issues. Almost all of Scott’s extensive trial experience has been in jury trials in state and federal court.
Scott was born in Massachusetts in 1950, grew up in California, attending the University of Southern California as an undergraduate, and UCLA Law School. While at UCLA he was an editor on the UCLA-Alaska Law Review. He has been with KYL in its Long Beach office his entire legal career.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles. While in law school, Scott was an editor on the UCLA-Alaska Law Review.
- Undergraduate – University of Southern California
- California (1975)
- All United States District Courts in California
- All United States District Courts in Colorado
- All United States District Courts in Alaska
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit