JODI S. COHEN
Jodi Cohen is a shareholder with Keesal, Young & Logan in its Long Beach office. Jodi currently serves on the firm’s Executive Committee and its Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Jodi primarily handles employment, securities, and insurance litigation. She is licensed in California, but has handled or is handling matters in Nevada, Washington, Texas, Idaho, Arizona, Florida, New Mexico, Illinois, and New York.
As part of her employment practice, Jodi has defended employers in judicial, arbitration, and administrative proceedings involving claims for discrimination (sex, race, age, ethnic origin, and disability), harassment, wrongful termination, wrongful interference, whistleblower (including Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley), retaliation, employee raiding, unfair competition, defamation, wage and hour, invasion of privacy, breach of contract, and a variety of other employment-related claims. She also regularly counsels clients regarding compliance with employment laws, rules and regulations, including handling harassment and discrimination investigations as well as experience conducting other employment work-related investigations, hiring and termination issues, privacy issues and the preparation of employment manuals, personnel policies, and various employment agreements. In addition, Jodi has given seminars on a variety of employment law topics, including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, discrimination, and the hiring and termination of employees.
Jodi also has significant experience in securities and general business litigation. She has represented stock brokerage and investment banking firms and banks and their employees in a wide array of litigation and regulatory matters, including, but not limited to, claims for breach of contract, unfair business practices, violation of the Business and Professions Code, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, suitability-related claims, churning, negligence and negligent supervision, negligent and tortious interference with contract or economic advantage, involving Ponzi schemes and violations of federal and state securities laws.
Jodi has over 29 years of civil litigation experience. In addition, she has handled various insurance and professional liability claims. She has litigated various errors and omissions claims against insurance agents.
Jodi has handled securities litigation, insurance litigation and employment matters in federal and state courts, and in arbitrations before the FINRA (and its predecessors), PCX, AAA, and JAMS.
Jodi joined Keesal, Young & Logan in 1990.
- J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (1990)
- B.A. (criminal justice), California State University, Fullerton (1987)
- California (1990)
- All United States District Courts in California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Selected to Southern California Best Lawyers in America© List (Securities/Capital Markets Law) (2020)
- Selected to Southern California Super Lawyers List (Thomson Reuters) (a designation limited to 5% of attorneys in a geographic region)
- Law & Politics Magazine, Southern California’s “Best Lawyers”
- Advisory Council for the Children’s Health Fund (currently)
- Board of Directors of the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation (2003–2018)