CHERYL S. CHANG
Cheryl Chang received her J.D. from Pepperdine School of Law in 2016, where she was elected to the Order of Barristers. While at Pepperdine, Cheryl also earned her master’s degree in dispute resolution (M.D.R.) from the Straus Institute, she was a staff member on the Pepperdine Law Review and competed in two inter-school trial competitions as a member of the Pepperdine Trial Team. Cheryl was an extern with the Straus Institute’s Investor Advocacy Clinic and was a law clerk with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
Before law school, Cheryl graduated from the University of Southern California with a B.S. in business administration with a concentration in corporate finance and a minor in international relations. Cheryl spent six and a half years working in the Wealth Management Industry.
A significant part of Cheryl’s practice is focused on securities litigation. As part of her securities practice, Cheryl has experience defending claims for breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, suitability-related claims, negligence, negligent supervision, fraud, violation of NASD and NYSE and FINRA Rules, and violation of the Securities Exchange Act and related state statutes.
- J.D., Pepperdine School of Law (2016), where she was elected to the Order of Barristers.
- M.D.R., Straus Institute (2016)
- B.S. (business administration), University of Southern California (2007).
- California (2016)
- All United States District Courts in California
- Robo-Advising: The Good, The Bad, and The Future (February 15, 2018)
- Can You Sleep at Night? Managing Technology Vendor Risk – Western Independent Bankers Association (September 20, 2017)
- Board Member – Red Shoe Society of Long Beach Ronald McDonald House (2018)