Bryce Cullinane is a Shareholder with Keesal, Young & Logan in its Long Beach office. His practice includes a broad range of civil litigation in state and federal courts (including federal bankruptcy court) and before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), as well as providing advice to various corporate clients.
Employment Litigation and Advice
Bryce represents employers in arbitration and administrative proceedings involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour, breach of contract, defamation, unfair competition, and trade secret and raiding claims. He also provides advice to employers regarding wage and hour considerations, compensation structuring, as well as regarding other hiring, promotion, demotion, and termination issues.
Securities and Financial Services Litigation
In his securities practice, Bryce has successfully defended financial services firms, registered representatives, and registered investment advisors in judicial and arbitration proceedings against allegations of fraud, unsuitability, breach of fiduciary duty, elder abuse, breach of contract, and violation of federal and state securities laws. Bryce’s experience includes the defense of claims involving publicly-traded equities and options, annuities, private equity funds and other alternative investments, and various other investment vehicles, often involving high net worth investors. He has also represented registered representatives in expungement proceedings before FINRA and in state court, and has assisted financial services firms in regulatory proceedings before FINRA and the SEC.
Bryce also represents financial services firms in employment matters involving wrongful termination and breach of contract disputes. He has also represented mortgage banking and litigation financing clients in both state and federal court.
Bryce’s maritime and admiralty experience includes defending maritime clients in complex environmental matters, as well as conducting litigation on behalf of shipowners, charterers, insurers, and other corporate clients in relation to cargo claims, personal injury, and other commercial disputes.
Health Care Defense
Bryce represents health care industry clients in complex civil and criminal matters including government investigations involving RICO, False Claims Act, whistleblower, Stark, anti-kickback, federal health care program fraud issues and Medicare reimbursement and appeals.
While in law school, Bryce worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Robert Kwan of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California and served as a law clerk in the Civil Division of the Office of the United States Attorney for the Central District of California. This experience has proven extremely important to Bryce’s bankruptcy practice, where he represents corporate clients in connection with the defense of preference, turnover, avoidance and fraudulent transfer claims, as well as all other adversary bankruptcy proceedings.
Commercial & Residential Real Estate Lending Litigation
Construction, Engineering & Project Management
Consumer & Business Lending Litigation
Employment Litigation & Advisory
Unfair Business Practices
- J.D., Pepperdine University. While in law school, Bryce worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Robert Kwan of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California and served as a law clerk in the Civil Division of the Office of the United States Attorney for the Central District of California.
- Master’s degree (political management), The George Washington University.
- B.A. (political science and history), SUNY Stony Brook.
- All United States District Courts in California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Alert: California Supreme Court Holds CashCall’s Interest Rate on Consumer Loans Might Be Unconscionable (linked here) (August 14, 2018)
- “Assessing Irving Picard’s Writ of Certiorari in Picard v. JP Morgan Chase: Another Chapter in the Saga of Bernie Madoff and His Impact on the Securities Industry,” The Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law (2015)
- MCLE Presentation – The Contours of Attorney-Client Privilege and Upjohn Warnings for Corporate Clients (2016)
- PIABA Student Writing Award (2015)
- Board Member, Power4Youth (2016–Present)
- Former Board Member, Long Beach Salvation Army (2016–2018)