Construction, Engineering and Project Management
We have a proven track record of successfully taking complex “bet the company” cases to a verdict with fee structures that make sense. Our clients include some of the world’s largest construction, engineering, and project management firms. We have represented our clients in state and federal courts across the nation in a wide variety of matters involving claims for breach of contract, professional negligence, design defects, misrepresentation, cost overruns and delays.
For additional information, please contact:
Elizabeth P. Beazley
- $93 million breach of contract, professional negligence, misrepresentation, and fraud claim brought by the Bi-State Development Agency involving the design and construction of a light rail extension in St. Louis, Missouri. After a four-month jury trial in Missouri state court (Clayton), we obtained a defense verdict on all claims and a multimillion-dollar judgment on our client’s counterclaim.
- $22 million breach of contract and disgorgement claim under California Business and Professions Code section 7031 for failure to maintain a contractor’s license brought by the Judicial Council of California, Administrative Office of the Courts involving the maintenance and repair of all courthouses in Southern California. After a two-week jury trial in California state court (San Francisco), we obtained a defense verdict and a $4.6 million judgment on our client’s counterclaim.
- $89 million breach of contract, professional negligence, and misrepresentation claim brought by Coors Brewing Company involving the design and construction of new brewery in Virginia. After a 6-week jury trial in Colorado federal court (Denver), we obtained a defense verdict on all claims.
More Representative Matters:
- $11 million professional negligence and strict products liability claim brought by three refinery workers injured in an explosion at the Paramount Refinery in Paramount, California. After a three-week jury trial in California state court (Compton), we obtained a defense verdict on all claims.
- $17 million design defect, professional negligence, and fraud claim brought by Premier Air and United States Aviation Underwriters involving the collapse of an airport hangar during a storm at the St. Louis Regional Airport in, Illinois which damaged two private jets. After opening statements before a jury in Illinois, the case settled for significantly less than all pretrial demands.
- $8 million breach of contract and common counts claim brought by ABM Industries involving its subcontract for maintenance and repair of all courthouses in both Southern and Northern California. After a multi-week, bifurcated bench trial in California state court (Los Angeles), we obtained a defense verdict on all claims.
Sign Up for KYL News & Alerts