The transition period between Summer and Fall has been a busy time for the eDiscovery and Cybersecurity teams at Keesal, Young & Logan (KYL), with a number of speaking appearances and publications covering their work in and beyond the legal industry. The highlights include:
- August 5: KYL was asked to co-presented the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) session “Cyber Risk Management: Tools & Tactics” along with Digital Defense, Inc.
- August 29: Work done by KYL eDiscovery Project Manager, Janice Jaco, and her colleagues at KYL on industry standards for eDiscovery Competency through LTC4 was highlighted in the Legaltech news “Front Page” roundup.
- August 30: Janice was also invited to speak on the topic of technology audits and developing a community of experts at ILTA’s annual convention in Washington DC.
- September 1: ALM’s Cybersecurity Law and Strategy’s top story of the month, entitled “Cybersecurity Beyond Traditional Risk Management”, was authored by KYL’s Director of Information, Justin Hectus. The article was also published in Inside Counsel.
- September 27: Justin will be speaking at ALM’s Cybersecure conference in New York City on the topic of unique aspects of the threat landscape facing small and mid-sized businesses.
- October 5: Justin will be presenting “Balancing Cyber Security and Usability” at the Strategic Technology Forum in Phoenix as the conference makes its debut appearance outside of Europe, where it has a 10 year track record as “the defining legal technology event in Europe.”
- October 6: KYL Shareholder Phil Lempriere and Justin Hectus will be making a client presentation covering the connection between cyber risks and environmental liabilities in the maritime industry.
KYL’s attorneys and technology professionals frequently consult inside and outside the firm on topics ranging from eDiscovery to Cyber Risk Management to Operational Efficiency and the firm’s innovative use of technology on behalf of clients has been recognized a number of times. Most recently, KYL was the first law firm to be recognized with the Association of Certified eDiscovery Specialists (ACEDS) “Law Firm of the Year” award (2016), the first law firm to pass the Legal Technology Audit (2015), the first law firm named to the InfoWorld 100 list (2003), and members of the KYL Keeps You Learning “Community of Experts” have received two International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Distinguished Peer Awards (2011 and 2014) as well as top individual eDiscovery honors from ACEDS (2015).
For more information, please contact email@example.com.