LONG BEACH, CA – August 15, 2016 – Two lawyers from the Keesal, Young & Logan (KYL) Long Beach office have received “Lawyer of the Year” awards as listed in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, which was released today. The two lawyers are Albert E. Peacock III (Admiralty and Maritime Law) and Stephen Young (Litigation – Securities). Lawyer of the Year honorees receive this award based on their extremely high overall feedback within specific practice areas and metropolitan regions.
In addition, 14 of the firm’s lawyers were named to the 2017 Best Lawyers in America list. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected guide to the legal profession.
Attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America were recognized by their peers in the legal industry for their professional excellence in 142 practice areas. For the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 7.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition.
The Keesal Young & Logan attorneys listed below are the 14 selected for the 2017 Best Lawyers in America. Respective practice areas of recognition follow each name.
- Herbert H. Ray – Admiralty and Maritime Law
Long Beach, California
- Albert E. Peacock III – Admiralty and Maritime Law; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Elizabeth P. Beazley – Admiralty and Maritime Law; Litigation – Environmental
- Glen R. Piper – Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Jodi S. Cohen – Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Michael M. Gless – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Securities
- Samuel A. Keesal, Jr. – Admiralty and Maritime Law; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants; Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Scott T. Pratt – Admiralty and Maritime Law; Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants; Litigation – Environmental
- Stephen Young – Litigation – Securities
- Terrance Ross – Litigation – Labor and Employment; Litigation – Securities
San Francisco, California
- John C. Cox – Admiralty and Maritime Law
- John D. Giffin – Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Peter R. Boutin – Commercial Litigation; Employment Law – Individuals; Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Philip R. Lempriere – Admiralty and Maritime Law
Search The Best Lawyers in America by attorney name, firm, region and/or practice area by visiting BestLawyers.com.
About Keesal, Young & Logan
Keesal, Young & Logan (KYL), a full-service business law firm, opened its first office in Long Beach, California in 1970. The firm’s goal is to help its business clients grow and prosper in the face of rapidly changing laws and challenges by competitors. The firm’s reputation has been forged through creative strategies, thorough preparation and planning, and strong advocacy in the courtroom.
KYL assists companies of all sizes, international, national, and local in a variety of practice areas. The firm has five offices in Long Beach, San Francisco, Seattle, Anchorage, and Hong Kong and KYL’s lawyers try cases throughout the United States.
For more information, visit www.kyl.com.