LEGALPORTS 2013, the annual global trade conference now in its second year, will take place Thursday, September 26, 2013 from 8:00am – 6:00pm at the Law Offices of Keesal, Young & Logan (400 Oceangate, Long Beach, California 90801, 14th floor).
Join panels from the Port of Los Angeles, local state and federal government agencies, as well as experienced international trade attorneys as they discuss current legal and business developments in global trade that are impacting Southern California businesses.
A special exporting session and keynote speaker John M. Andersen, Acting Assistant Secretary, US Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, will be featured during the luncheon session.
The conference will be followed by a complimentary networking hour (6.75 Hours of CLE Credit).
8:00 – 8:45am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:45 – 9:00am: Welcome and Conference Overview
9:00 – 10:15am: Import Issues Impacting Global Trade
10:15 – 10:30am: Networking and Coffee Break
10:30 – 11:45pm: Maritime/Admiralty Law Panel
11:30 – 12:00pm: Luncheon Session Sign-in
12:00 – 2:00pm: Luncheon Session on Exporting (sponsored by POLA)
2:00-2:15pm: Networking Break – Luncheon Session attendees leave
2:15-3:15pm: Protecting the Global Supply Chain
3:15-3:30pm: Networking Break
3:30 – 4:45pm: Export Law Panel
5:00 – 6:00pm: Networking Hour
6:00pm: Conference Ends
- Michael Baker, Law Office of Michael Baker
- Marc R. Greenberg, Keesal Young & Logan
- Terry Groff, NACA Logistics (USA), Inc.
- Michael Hoffman, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Vince Iocapella, Los Angeles Freight Forwarder’s Association
- Raymond Kaiser, Kaiser, Swindells & Eiler, Long Beach
- Heather C. Litman, Grunfeld, Desiderio LLP
- Anne Maricich, U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
- Malcolm S. McNeil, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Michael J. Moffatt, Fulwider & Patton LLP
- Dr. Thomas O’Brien, CSU Long Beach Center for International Trade & Transportation
- Cameron W. Roberts, Roberts & Kehagiaras LLP
- Erik D. Smithweiss, Grunfeld, Desiderio LLP
- Robert Stemler, Keesal, Young & Logan
- Pamela A. Swindells, Kaiser Swindells & Eiler
- Nicholas Tonsich, Glasser & Tonsich LLP
Luncheon Session Only: $30 EARLY BIRD Registration ($40 after September 6, 2013)
Full Day Attorney Session: $150 EARLY BIRD Registration ($175 after September 6, 2013)
Direct Link to Register: http://onlinestore.lacba.org/calendar/#ViewCalendarEvent.cfm?1=1&CalendarEventID=4341
Conference Organizers: Port of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles County Bar Association (International Law Section – LACBA ILS ), Long Beach Bar Association (LBBA) and Keesal, Young & Logan (KYL)
Panel and ‘Break’ Sponsors: Fox Rothschild LLP, Los Angeles, CA; Kaiser, Swindells & Eiler, Long Beach, CA
Supporting Sponsors: Alvarado Smith, APC, Santa Ana, CA; others TBD
Non Profit Sponsors: Preliminary List of Invitees – Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC); Long Beach Center for International Trade Development (CITD), Long Beach Chamber of Commerce/International Business Association (IBA), the World Trade Center Association Los Angeles – Long Beach (WTCA); CSULB Center for International Trade & Transportation (CITT); Foreign Trade Association; FuturePorts; Orange County Talk Radio